Brand Design – Art Director
Design - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Brand Design - Art Director
- Execute the creative vision for category and cross-category brand initiatives in order to shape trivago's branded customer experience.
- Elevate the brand experience through superior brand appearance, communications, collateral materials, digital and space.
- Supervise, evaluate, approve and accept ultimate responsibility for the work completed by the creative team; including presentation materials, concepts, print, and all other deliverables for space account.
- Provide leadership to the team by constant feedback and quality assessments, empowerment and development of talent, coaching and mentoring and assessment of needs.
- Interact with clients and stakeholders as needed to present creative concepts or to resolve conflicts.
- Set priorities and organize the team’s work activities efficiently.
What you’ll definitely need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication Design or related field.
- 5+ years of overall design experience.
- At least 2 years in a senior/lead role at a creative agency.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert command of Adobe Creative Suite, Powerpoint and other Microsoft products.
- Excellent conceptual strength but also a strong ability in design and art direction.
- A portfolio that demonstrates exceptional design capabilities, with an emphasis on brand communication and the ability to connect user needs to brand objectives.
- Strong understanding of the production process (asset creation, specification creation, and handoff to development).
What we’d love you to have:
- A basic familiarity with project planning, and resourcing.
- First experience with out-of-home communication, consumer communication.
- Drive to make things happen and love for getting your hands dirty.
- An affable personality and healthy sense of humor.
Life at trivago is...
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- Living in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.